Alexander School House
Jasper, IN 47546
The Alexander School has a 100-year history preceding the current structure. First built in 1820, it was one of the first three schools in Dubois County.
Originally, it sat near the present Shiloh Church and was known as the Shiloh School. It was moved in 1859 to its present location on the Kellams family farm south of Ireland and renamed the Alexander School after the Alexander descendants of the Kellams family. In 1915, the school burned, and the new school was built in 1918.
The Kellams family agreed to donate the schoolhouse to ROJAC and it was moved to its current location near the Schaeffer Barn in 2021.